Pando PR Tips No. 28

World Education Summit, CampusTech Awards, Cloud Awards, Edison Awards, WWC and Company-Branded Podcast Advice

World Education Summit - Call for Proposals Due
The World Education Summit has opened their call for proposals for the virtual March 2023 conference. Sessions options include Cool Schools (shining a light on amazing practices by schools), Podcast Corner (showcase your podcast), and Living Books (share your book). Their conference includes 8 virtual stages and an audience of teachers, school and system leaders. Final call for submissions depends on the session type.

Campus Technology and THE Journal - New Product Awards - Final deadline is Nov 18
There's dozens of categories here for hardware and software tools in K-12 and higher ed. ​ They will pick platinum and gold winners, which will be recognized in THE Journal and/or Campus Technology. Entries must be new products or services launched between Oct. 1, 2021 to Nov. 18, 2022. Cost is $650 but save $100 by entering before 10/28 using this code: EDU22.

Edison Awards - Final deadline Nov. 25
​The Edison Awards are one of the few global awards programs with merit. Nominations for 2023 are being accepted now for products released between Feb. 2021 and Dec. 2022. Entries are not cheap: $1,850 (non-profit rate is $750). There is an education category (and don't overlook the category for Living, Working & Learning Design). I've downloaded a nomination worksheet, which you should review before deciding to enter because it is a very detailed entry process.

worksheet for entering the 2023 Edison Awards Edison Awards Nomination Worksheet- blank.pdf - 215 KB

Cloud Awards Close Oct 21 (but I think they'll extend to 10/28)
Just a quick note that if you intended to enter the Cloud Awards, get your entry in this week. They also offer a SaaS awards, which closes in Feb. Costs are reasonable. Entries are dramatically easier than in past years. I've attached the nomination form for Best Hybrid solution. There is not an education-specific category for the Cloud Awards but there is for the SaaS Awards.

Sample Cloud Awards Nomination form Best Hybrid Cloud Solution CA_0014.docx - 0 bytes

What Works Clearinghouse Webinar
If you're not familiar with the WWC and have a curriculum product, watch one of the recorded webinars hosted at IES (Institute of Education Sciences). WWC has been reinvented since launching in 2002, which you can read about here. In short, WWC evaluates research about education products to give educators a third-party reviewer about efficacy studies.

Company-Branded Podcasts Best Practices
One of our clients - NetSupport - produces an excellent company-branded podcast called NetSupport Radio. We worked with their CEO, Al Kingsley, in crafting this article for BuiltIn and are sharing it for those considering developing a podcast to further a company brand. Some of my favorite advice is to leverage trade shows and other events. The other fav (dramatically abbreviated) - it's actually not about your company. Al's advice is to cover about 25 percent company news that your users need to know such as what the next update will bring. The other 75 percent should be about people, issues, and your industry.



PR Tips come out once or twice a month. If you no longer wish to receive the Tips unsubscribe by sending me a quick note at [email protected].


About Pando Public Relations

Pando Public Relations works with companies and organizations in K-12 education, higher ed, workforce development, and training. Contact us for access to experts on any of these topics, including educators, administrators, teachers, or the executives and technology experts from our client companies. 

Pando Public Relations
705 East Bidwell Street
Suite 2-318
Folsom, CA 95630